There are plenty of reasons you may need some relief. From the challenges of losing your job to unexpected health issues to rising costs. We can help you find solutions to reduce your bills by saving energy in your home.
Energy Efficiency & Weatherization Upgrades
Through the Weatherization program, the state of Wisconsin hires agencies to help eligible households save energy. The weatherization agency for your area, [agency name], receives a list of WHEAP participants and may reach out to you if you’re eligible. If you are interested in this service, you are welcome to contact your local agency to see if you can participate. If you’re selected, [Agency name] will evaluate your home to decide what upgrades are needed. Projects are completed by agency crews and subcontractors.
Weatherization services vary depending on how a home was built and its condition. Some common services include:
- Insulate attics, walls and floors
- Insulate or replace a water heater
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Seal air leakages
- Repair or replace a furnace
- Perform a general health and safety inspection
These upgrades will reduce your home’s utility bills and save energy while making your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
You may be eligible for weatherization services if:
- You qualify for WHEAP. This is why it’s important for you to apply for energy assistance as soon as possible.
- Your dwelling/apartment has not been weatherized before.
- Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, an elderly or disabled member or a child under six.
Applying for energy assistance from WHEAP is the first step to see if you’re eligibile for home weatherization services. It’s quicker and easier than you may think, and help is available now.
For more information on WHEAP or with questions about applying, please call 800-506-5596. Otherwise, get started and apply for your benefits today!